Friday, July 20, 2012

The Rental Remodel - Part II

Our AC went out again. For the fourth time in less than three months. At about 8:00 in the evening.
I had the pleasure of packing of up my SHRIEKING child and heading to the nearest pet friendly hotel. At least this time I could leave the cats behind. 

Our home desperately needs a new AC unit. Because we live in North Texas and it is HOT. With a capital H. O. T. hot. But our landlord refuses to replace it because he pays for this home warranty thing. He wants them to replace it, but the AC repairmen have informed me that isn't going to happen. But hey, at least we're getting new carpet. Rolling my eyes.

I don't know if I can handle this again - packing up my baby and myself and my dog while it's 90 degrees inside the house and my son is screaming bloody murder. It's enough to make someone lose their ever lovin' mind.

And he hasn't even left yet. In fact, he gets home tomorrow from CAST. And all I want to do is collapse into his arms and tell him how hard these two weeks have been without him. Before we had a child I missed him but daily life was no big deal. Now that we have a baby, this is really hard. I'm fortunate to have a great support system here but sometimes it's not enough.
But of course I can't tell him any of that. Because the military wives' code is:

1. Paste a smile on your face and for God's sake do not let him see you cry about a deployment.
2. Deal with it and don't complain.
3. Lose a crap ton of weight before he gets home.

He's not even gone and I miss him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment